Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"audience"

.
OK -- I admit it. I get a kick out of looking at the "audience" statistics that Google provides in connection with this blog.

The U.S., Great Britain, Poland, Canada, Germany, France, Russia, China, India, Slovenia, Romania, Australia, and occasionally, of all places, Mongolia. It may be only two or three "page views," but it purely tickles my ivories. The idea that this small activity could reach so far ... even if it is only to people or organizations looking for a way to sell or scam or catch some other self-serving ride by linking up.

It's magical ... and, probably, addictive and false.

But I would be a liar to deny the vague sense of 'connection' and the vague notion that my voice is somehow louder and more noticeable than it actually is. If everybody is noticeable, does anyone get noticed?

It's not a big deal -- "audience" and a couple of bucks will get you a bus ride -- but I like thinking I could 'talk with' a Mongolian.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment